Thursday 5 April 2018

Your Name

Many of our names can be traced back to the Europe during the Middle Ages. Can you trace your name back? Here is a link that might help to look up your last name(surname) and/or here and here is a link to look up your first name (Would have been called your Christian name in Medieval Europe and when I went to school here in Winnipeg).  Names have historical significance and a literal meaning. Feel free to blog below the significance and/or the meaning behind your name. and to use your name in your knighting ceremony. 

7 comments:

  1. Jaxen
    First name: God has been gracious
    Last name: Annals of the nine kings

    Liam
    First name: Strong-willed warrior and protector
    Last name: ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saint Damien Arnold the eagle Argonaut Jayson Arnold the eagle2:02 pm, April 05, 2018

    Saint Damien Arnold the eagle

    Argonaut Jayson Arnold the eagle

    ReplyDelete
  3. my name means i'm a saint and i'm the son of the devil
    and it told me my last name means i live in a crabtree

    ReplyDelete
  4. im named after a saint
    and my last name means nothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first name mean "noble, exalted; rational".
    And my last name means powerful ruler".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pay respect to all my peers and elders,
    I will aspire to be the best student I can be,
    I will never give up on myself or others

    Igor the warrior

    ReplyDelete
  7. epic damian,liam,jaxen2:35 pm, April 09, 2018

    I shall not steal
    I shall not annoy teachers
    I shall not disrespect teachers
    I shall not kill
    I shall believe in my own religion
    I shall be grateful
    I shall not be rude to Mr. Harland



    Epic saint Damian
    Epic god Jaxen
    Liam; Strong willed warrior and protecter of nature

    ReplyDelete